Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2 Holiday Cookies A day, Keeps the Skinny Jeans Away

All it takes is an extra 500 calories a day to gain 5 pounds over the holidays. That's only 2 cookies a day- not a ton of food by any means. This is exactly the reason I don't bake anymore. If I can bake all day and only eat two cookies, in my mind I have done well. But like I said, eat and extra 500 calories a day and gain 5 pounds this month. With all the food being brought into the offices, gifts of food, and holiday parties this is easy to do.

People are not motivated by what they don't know. If we grab a muffin at the local gas station, or eat just two cookies, we can convince ourselves it's not that bad. If I look at the muffin label and see it has 250 calories per 2.5 servings, I'm well over the extra 500 calories, I am not motivated to eat it anymore. I know it will take me over an hour of hard core exercise to burn off the crappy store bought muffin, or the two cookies. If you don't know how something can hurt you, there is little motivation to avoid it.

Don't run form the truth, gravitate to it. Yes, it will sometimes make you mad, but maybe it's time to get mad. Seek the truth because not knowing the truth can hurt you even more.

KNOW WHAT YOU EAT, EAT WHAT YOU KNOW.





No comments:

Post a Comment