Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Exercise Anyone?

Why Do You Exercise? You know if you asked me this questions 25 years ago, I would of lied and said to be healthy. For those of you who don't know me, I was an amateur bodybuilder back in the 1980's. In all honesty I exercised 25 years ago for the look. And I did get the looks, but was I fit?













Hardly anyone exercises for health or to improve functional fitness. As a trainer the main reason that people start with me is weddings, reunions, or just to fit into skinny jeans. How many of you reading this post have started an exercise program to lower cholesterol, reduce your risk of injury or just to feel better?

I to like to work out to change how my body looks. I did enjoy having a fit toned body, but I have changed my training so that I am actually healthy. I use a variety of training protocols including, kettle bells, weights, resistance bands, stability, and have even incorporated some cross fit into my training. What good is looking fit if you can't balance on one foot or have a cholesterol of 300? Looking fit and wearing skinny jeans means nothing...you must be fit and healthy!

I'd rather see you perform step-ups, one legged squats or swiss ball roll-outs to build functional strength. Next time you decide to start a new exercise program or diet, make it about being healthy.

I will be adding some early morning boot camps starting in April. Bookmark this blog! Updates will be coming soon.

AM Bootcamps coming soon

Join my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment