Friday, March 30, 2012

Healthy Cookies..Who knew?

I usually do not post recipes on this blog but wanted to share this one with you. I  do not like cooking or baking but these healthy cookies are easy! I have been trying to find healthier recipes to keep my cholesterol in check. This week I was down 4 pounds just from cutting read meat out of my diet. I'm not saying that I won't find those 4 pounds again over the weekend, as this is usually what happens to me. I also purchased a new diet book...I know, I know, I own so many diet books but this one is specifically about keeping cholesterol down. There is some great info in this book. I purchased it for my iPad. If you are looking for something like this I highly recommend it.


Sorry I got off the beaten path here. Back to the recipe. It's called NO-BAKE Energy Bites. The NO-BAKE part is what I like. Everyone in my family liked these. Here you go.

 - 1 cup (Dry) Oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
 - 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
 - 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used natural)
 - 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
 - 1/3 cup honey
 - 1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls, mine were approximately 1" in diameter. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to one week.

I don't have the nutritional facts but they are about 100 calories.

ENJOY



http://www.fitforcefitness.com/

Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment