Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Play The Aging Game!






Why is it when I walk into a gym I see plenty of elderly men working out, but not women? Women of all ages belong in the gym or in some kind of strength training class, especially if you are over 50.

Muscles can be strengthened at any age. This can help with joint pain and lowering your blood pressure. Have you noticed how the weight piles on as we age? Losing muscle causes your metabolism to slow down, and contributes to weight gain.

To get started with a strength training program you must first get the ok from your doctor. Choose a facility that you want to work out at. I highly recommend hiring a personal trainer for a few session to learn proper form.

I want to gain muscle as I age, not lose it. I am trying to stay ahead of the game. Are You?

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

Try a Boot Camp


No comments:

Post a Comment