Tuesday, October 5, 2010

3 Worst Exercise Gimmicks on TV

We all know that EXERCISE and DIET is the only way to get fit, but sometimes (including myself) we see an infomercial on TV and we get suckered into purchasing an item that eventually sits in our closet and collects dust. Below are the worst gimmicks I have seen:

1.  Shake Weight - For close to $30, this has to be the worst exercise equipment I have seen in a long time. Better idea, get a pair of of dumbbells for $20 and do 3 sets of 15 reps for curls, extensions, raises or whatever but leave that shake alone.

2. Ab Lounge - $110 to do crunches and abdominal work in an easy, effective way. You tone muscle by stressing them and making them work...you bust a sweat. But not here, just sit back and crunch away in ease.

3. Leg Magic - You just stand there and move your legs in and out on rollers. For $100 you can sculpt your legs, core muscles, and much more. My advice get a nice pair of sneakers and an ipod!

Have your purchased any of these items? If so, are you still using it and how is it working for you? It's ok, as a personal trainer I should know better but I have some of these too. Would love to hear about any exercise items you have purchased.

1 comment:

  1. Asics are awesome!!! They are the only shoe I would every run in!!

    ReplyDelete