Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What Fitness Trends have you Tried?

When you have a fitness goal it is easy to be suckered into the latest trend you see in a magazine or on an infomercial. I love (well not really) the titles that get your attention such as “Get Ripped in 6 weeks”, “Drop a pant size this month” or even “Walk off your belly fat in 3 days”. Wouldn’t we all be thin and in shape if these headlines were true?

When you actually look into these titles it’s more like 4-6 weeks of a long exercise plan and healthy eating. Each month a new fitness routine comes along and we want to be the first to try it. What happens to the old fitness routine? We stop doing it before we see results. Then we get frustrated and stop doing anything.

As a trainer, I feel like I am talking until I am blue in the face...But consistency is the key. The program you chose is really less important than the dedication you put toward it. If you sign up to train with me 2 days a week and only show up once a week then it will take twice as long to see results. If you eat 2 burgers and 2 fries a week while following your exercise routine...again it will take longer to see results.

If you would like to DEDICATE yourself to healthy routine, let me know and I will help you get started. What do you have to lose?




No comments:

Post a Comment