Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's Your Excuse?

In my short two years as a certified personal trainer, I have seen a common trend among those who fail at changing there lifestyle. That trend being excuse making! We all have excuses and we all know that they hinder our efforts towards our goals. When excuses are used enough they become a reality, even if they are not true. You can use this way of thinking in a positive way, or a negative way. I like to think of myself as STRONG and even a RUNNER. Not everyone will think of me like this but as long as I do my actions follow through on a daily basis. On the other hand, if you think of your lifestyle in an unhealthy way you will also follow through with them on a daily basis. Such excuses like the below will become a reality:

- I don't have time to work out
- I am to busy to run today
- I am to stressed to eat right now
- Eating healthy is expensive
- I have no self control

I have heard all of these excuses and at least 4 pages more of them. Now sometimes these excuses are true. I will buy into your excuses...maybe once a month, but not every week. It really boils down to what our priorities are and what we need to do to change them. I would like you to Recognize that your excuses are just that, and they are obstacles to changing your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment