Saturday, May 26, 2012

Can you be THIN and Unfit?




We seem to accept the fact that thin people are healthy. It is possible to be lean and unhealthy just as it is to be overweight and and healthy. If you are exercising to lose weight, don't quit out of frustration or from lack of results...you are still reaping the benefits of physical activity such as, reducing blood pressure, stimulating bone growth, improving balance, protecting against injury, the list can go on and on.

Obesity is associated with bad health. When I look at lineman on a pro football team, nearly all of them are overweight, but I bet most of them can run a 40 yard dash in 5 seconds. These 300 pound men can run faster and are more fit than men half there size.

I'm not giving the ok to go ahead and disregard your body fat levels and just focus on exercise. The important thing is you should never quit exercising, even if you have not seen weight loss or it has slowed down. Not every benefit of exercise is visible from the outside! Physical fitness is the biggest deciding factor for good health.

What do you think...is it possible to be fat and fit, or lean and unfit?

Now, if this has motivated you to start exercising please contact me. I have many Boot Camps located in Concord and Mayfield.

My web site

Join my 90 day weight loss challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment