Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Changing My Drivers License Weight

Today I got to do something I have never done before in my life...lower my drivers license weight! This morning I trained a few clients then I headed to the school to vote. When I showed them my drivers license they informed me that it had expired on my birthday on July 10th. I had about 25 credit cards with me and even a pay check from Slim & Fit but that wasn’t good enough to prove that I was Charlene. I was very aggravated. After much complaining one of the workers made a phone call and I was able to do a paper ballot.

Now an unplanned trip to the BMV. I went through the normal paper work and eye test to renew the drivers license. When she asked me my weight, I was so tickled to tell her. It was 30 pounds lighter than my old drivers license! This day is getting better by the minute. I hope the next time I renew my license it will be another 20 pounds lighter. Now I have a great goal. I sure hope it doesn’t take that long.




On my way back from the BMV, I decided to stop at this new smoothie shop called Pulp. Have you been here yet? One of my clients told me about this place and asked me if it was good for her. So, I decided to stop and check it out for her. Looking at their menu and flyers I could not find any nutrient labels anywhere. When stores do not offer this information up front, I become leery of them right off the bat. I asked the gentlemen behind the counter if this information was available and he pulled out a laminated info sheet for me to see. The lowest calorie drink on the menu that I saw was 360 calories, YIKES. As someone who can only have 1200 – 1500 this seems high. The store clerk told me I should not worry about calories but more about the fat content. Now the fat content was low, but I know that calories in VS. calories out is how you lose and maintain your weight. I believe you can have anything you want in moderation. So is this something you should have everyday after a work out? Absolutely not. Would it be a better choice than heading to the ice cream shop on a Saturday afternoon. Absolutely, it would be. For the record...IT TASTED SO GOOD. I love the quote “If it taste GOOD spit it out, it can’t be GOOD for you”

No comments:

Post a Comment