Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pay It Forward



Have you ever done a "Pay it Forward" good deed? Just recently I felt the need to do this for a person I have only met once. You may know her, Karin was a competitor in the 2011 News Herald Lighten Up Contest. I follow her blog. You should check it out. It is very inspirational. http://lightenupwithkarin.blogspot.com/

I was reading her blog and she closed it by saying "I need Help". I felt like she was talking to me, saying..."Charlene I need help". So first thing I did was talk to the doctors and owners of Slim&Fit in Mayfield about Karin. I told them I wanted to offer her free training and nutritional help. You see, I was a contestant in the 2010 lighten up contest. After losing 35 pounds in the contest my entire career changed. I am now a certified Personal Trainer and am studying to get certified in Sports nutrition. The contest put me in the public eye and my new career sky rocketed.




Well, the owners gave me permission to help Karin with her training and nutrition! I can not do this for her. After all, I will be with her two or three hours a week. This leaves her 165 hours in a week when she has to make the right choices without me. We started last week and the first thing I gave her was a journal. I told her to write EVERYTHING down...what she eats, exercises and weekly goals. I want to see what choices she makes during those 165 hours.

I have complete faith in her. She is determined. I can't wait to post before and after pictures of her on my blog. Give us about 6 months to work hard and then look for the pictures. We (Karin) can do this!




No comments:

Post a Comment